Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||March 17, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||March 17, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
VB.MB is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns; it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
VB.MB uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
VB.MB is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It changes the homepage of Internet Explorer.
- It displays false error messages when it is run.