Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It causes the slowdown of the system, preventing planned tasks from being carried out.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, via email.
|First detected on:||Feb. 27, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Feb. 27, 2006|
Feebs.BC is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It terminates processes corresponding to several security tools, such as antivirus programs and firewalls, to prevent detection.
Feebs.BC uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.