Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It uses the infected computer to take malicious actions on other users.
It awaits remote-control orders to carry out.
, across the Internet, via mapped drives, through shared network resources.
|First detected on:||Jan. 10, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 10, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Gobot.AO is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it awaits remote-control orders received through
Gobot.AO uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.
- Computer networks (shared resources): it creates copies of itself in shared network resources to which it has access.