Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by WeatherBug?
Bear in mind that WeatherBug is not really a virus but a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).
In order to make absolutely sure that WeatherBug has not affected your computer, carry out a full scan of your computer using a Panda Product detecting PUPs, after checking that it is updated. For detailed information on how to update your solution, check the User Guide corresponding to it.
If you do not have a Panda product detecting PUPs, or you are not a registered Panda Security client, check if the files and the entries in the Windows Registry associated to WeatherBug and described in section Means of infection exist in your computer.
How to remove WeatherBug?
Keep in mind that WeatherBug is not really a virus but a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). So make sure that your Panda solution detects and removes this type of threat.
If you have a Panda product detecting PUPs:
If your Panda product detects WeatherBug during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
If you do not have a Panda product detecting PUPs or you are not a registered Panda Security client:
In order to restore the original configuration of your computer, follow the instructions below:
- Delete the files and the entries of the Windows Registry that WeatherBug has created, mentioned in section Means of infection.
- Restart the computer.
- For instructions on how to modify the Windows Registry, click here.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from WeatherBug?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.