Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Lineage.LKJ?
In order to make absolutely sure that Lineage.LKJ has not affected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Security client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Security's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Lineage.LKJ?
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects Lineage.LKJ during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
Above all, if you have received a message with any of the characteristics described in the sectionMeans of transmission, do not run the attached file and delete the message, making sure that you also delete it from theDeleted Itemsfolder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, clickhereto find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, clickhereto find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Lineage.LKJ?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
- If you have filtering tools installed, configure them to reject messages with the characteristics described in the sectionMeans of transmission . If, in spite of doing this, you receive the message that contains the virus: do not open it, do not run the attached file and delete it, making sure that you also delete it from the Deleted Items folder.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.