Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Autorun.JND spreads to other computers by copying its code to other files or programs. It has damaging effects on the affected computer.
It avoids being detected by the user by using the following techniques:
- Techniques included in its code to hide its files and processes while it is active.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
It causes a loss of productivity in the local network to which the compromised computer belongs:
- It generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
- It changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level.
Means of transmission
Propagation through the exploits of remote vulnerabilities:
Autorun.JND carries out the following process:
- It spreads by attacking IP addresses obtained at random or from the network to which the infected computer belongs.
- It tries to access the IP addresses under attack by exploiting an existing vulnerability or through an open port.
- If it does this, it downloads a copy of itself onto the vulnerable computer.
Propagation via mapped drives:
Autorun.JND checks if the infected computer is connected to a network.
If so, it makes an inventory of all mapped drives and creates a copy of itself in each of them.
Propagation through shared network resources:
Autorun.JND checks if the infected computer is connected to a network. If so, it tries to spread to the shared network drives.
To do this, it tries to gain access to these shared drives, using typical or easily guessed passwords.
Distribution of infected files:
Autorun.JND does not spread automatically using its own means, but infects files of the following types:
They reach computers when previously infected files are distributed, entering computers through any of the usual channels: floppy disks, email messages with attachments, Internet download, files transferred via FTP, IRC channels, P2P file sharing networks, etc.
Autorun.JND has the following additional characteristics:
- It is 57344 bytes in size.