What kind of help do you need?
(Example:“Panda AdminSecure”, “2093 error”)
How do I configure the heuristic scan of executable files in GateDefender Performa?
Information applies to:
|Panda GateDefender Performa 8050|
|Panda GateDefender Performa 8100|
|Panda GateDefender Performa 8200|
Panda GateDefender Performa incorporates latest generation heuristic technology to detect unknown malware in all types of executable files downloaded or sent through any of the protocols activated.
The heuristic technique searches and detects malware that has not yet been included in the Virus Signature File. It is therefore a technique that is extremely useful for blocking or filtering suspicious or dangerous content.
Steps for configuring the heuristic scan
- Go to the web administration console.
- Click on Settings in the protection menu and select Anti-malware protection.
- Go to Heuristic protection settings to view the configuration options.
This window shows the protocols that are enabled for the antivirus scan and that will be scanned.
- Check that the Enable protection against unknown threats checkbox is selected. If it is, all files transferred by the protocols enabled in the antivirus scan will be checked by the heuristic scan.
- Select the sensitivity level:
- High sensitivity
- Medium sensitivity
- Low sensitivity
Bear in mind that the higher the sensitivity level, the higher the protection level, but the risk of false positives will also increase.
- Select the action to take if suspicious files are detected:
- Send the suspicious file to Quarantine. Selecting this option, detected files will be moved to the Quarantine area and no other actions will be available.
- HTTP and FTP: the transfer of the infected file will be blocked, if possible, otherwise the file will be rendered unusable.
- For the rest of the protocols, the actions are:
- Delete the suspicious file.
A text will be inserted in the messages, informing the user that the attachment has been deleted.
- Forward the message.
Enter the email address mail will be forwarded to.
Help nº- 20081222 31319 EN