Anti-spam: Stop the avalanche of junk email.
Spam is the sending of unsolicited information by email. For a message to be considered spam, it must meet the following conditions:
- The message is sent indiscriminately to any recipient.
- The recipient has not requested or authorized the message.
- The action of the recipient can result in benefits for the spammer.
The financial impact of spam on companies continue to grow. The OECD has confirmed that each employee loses around €2,000 because of spam.
Anti-spam protection in operation
Implementation. Involves the following phases:
- Installation: Takes no more than 15 minutes thanks to the ease-of-use of the console. After installation it starts to work automatically.
- Scanning and detection: It immediately starts to scan inbound and outbound messages, applying the actions the administrator has defined.
- Constant Updates: Spam signatures update automatically every minute through microupdates.
Adapting the detection system. The sensitivity of the system can be set to:
- High: Greater detection of spam, but more chance of false positives
- Medium: Balance between the spam detected and the false positives returned
- Low: Less detection of spam but no false positives
Action on spam detected: The administrator decides whether spam or probable spam…
- Is eliminated
- Or is sent to the email quarantine
- Increased productivity. Prevents employees wasting time receiving, reading and deleting junk mail.
- Optimized bandwidth and resources: Reduces server workloads by eliminating spam before it enters the network. It also minimizes traffic on the internal network.
- Prevents damage to corporate image. Prevents junk mail or illegal content from being sent out of the company.