What kind of help do you need?
(Examples:“Panda Security installation”, “I want to contact Panda”)
How can I uninstall Panda antivirus from my computer?
- When I try to install my antivirus and a message is displayed indicating there are other Panda Security antivirus programs installed on the PC.
- The automatic uninstallation from Start, Programs, Panda Antivirus, Uninstall has not been completed correctly.
Uninstall the security solution from the Windows Control Panel.
Only if the process described is not completed correctly, it is advisable to completely remove files and registry entries of your antivirus. To do this, follow the instructions below or view the guided video How to uninstall your Panda antivirus.
- Download the UNINSTALLER.EXE (642 KB) file.
- Save the file, to the Windows Desktop for example.
- Run the UNINSTALLER.EXE file by double-clicking it.
- Click Yes when a window showing the following message is displayed:
Do you want to run this uninstaller?
WARNING: It will reboot at the end to ensure a clean uninstall.
- Even if the window is not displayed, please reboot your computer once the uninstallation process is completed.
- Only if you have a 2012/2011 or 2010 antivirus product, check if the Hotfix registry key exists in:
In order to do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start / Run and type REGEDIT.
- Browse through the tree structure until you find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Panda Software\Setup\Hotfix
- Once you have found the Hotfix folder, right-click on it and select Delete.
The aim of this tutorial is to help you uninstall the lastest version of your product.
Note: this tutorial has been recorded using Panda Global Protection 2012 from the Retail 2012 product family.
If the antivirus programme detected the installation is NOT a Panda Security antivirus, please refer to the Support article: How to solve incidents occurred on uninstalling other antivirus products
Help nº- 20130409 55509 EN