Your computer has been infected by a virus and it is not possible to restart it.
Panda Security offers the possibility to create a rescue disk with the PandaSafeCD tool, allowing you to scan and disinfect your computer from a virus-free environment. Simply follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Download PandaSafeCD.iso
To create a rescue CD, you must first download a file PandaSafeCD.iso by following the instructions below.
- Download PandaSafeCD.iso tool.
- Save the file to your hard disk. You can create a folder called C:\panda
Step 2 - Start the computer with PandaSafeCD.iso
You can boot the PC with PandaSafeCD.iso either from a CD or from a USB stick.
- Booting from a CD-ROM
- Once you have downloaded the file, open your CD copying program.
- Burn the PandaSafeCD.iso image with your usual CD burning application. Remember that each application has its own instructions.
- Once you have created the CD, start the computer from your CD-ROM and check whether your system is infected.
- Booting from a USB stick
- Download UNetbootin.
- Save the file to your hard disk. You can create a folder called C:\panda to save it.
- Insert an empty USB stick into a USB port.
- Double-click unetbooting-windows-xxx, where xxx match the UNetbootin version number.
- Select the option Disk image, click the ... button, select the PandaSafeCD.iso file, and click OK.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Once the bootable USB stick has been created, start the computer from the USB stick.
NOTE: If you have problems upon rebooting from the CD-ROM drive, refer to How to boot from a CD-ROM.
Step 3 - Scan with Panda SafeDisk
Once you have started the system from the CD drive, you will see the Panda SafeDisk wizard, which will take you through the scanning and disinfection process.
Select a language and click Next
The wizard will then display the following configurable scan options: Drives details
, Internet connection
, Scan options
and Signature file selection
- In the Drives details section, select the drives to scan and click Select.
It is advisable to use the default options, as this will scan all drives on the computer.
- In the Internet connection section you can configure the various parameters of the Internet connection. Click Change to access the settings.
- In the Scan options section you can select the type of scan that you want to perform (Scan / Scan and disinfect).
The Scan and disinfect option is selected by default and is the option Panda Security recommends.
- In the Signature file selection section you can choose the type of signature file that you want to use during the scan (Official, Beta or Disk):
- Official: Latest virus detection file certified by Panda Security.
- Beta: Latest virus detection file available from the Panda Security laboratory.
IMPORTANT: This file has not yet been certified, so if you do use it, it shall be at your own risk.
- Disk: Choose this option if you have a specific virus signature file. If you do so, make sure the file is located in C:\pavsig.
IMPORTANT: The name of the pavsig folder must be written in lowercase letters.
Click Start Analysis.
Finally, when the report is complete, select Save log.