Profile: Panda Security is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the world. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 56 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in California and European headquarters in Spain. For more information, visit http://www.pandasecurity.com/.
Corporate history: Founded by Mikel Urizarbarrena in 1990 in Bilbao, Spain, the company operated under the name Panda Software for the first 17 years. Under this brand, it became market leader in Spain in 1995 and started its international expansion in 1996. It currently has a direct sales presence in 56 counties through an extensive network of subsidiaries and franchises. The year 2007 was a turning point, marking the beginning of a new era for the company in which it set out to consolidate its international expansion. Firstly, it underwent a brand change, and is now called Panda Security, a name that better reflects its commitment to providing global security. Moreover, major investment groups -including Investindustrial, Gala Capital, HarbourVest and Atlantic Bridge- have entered the company’s share capital. The company has since bought out eight of the franchises it had in key markets and, true to its pioneering spirit, has launched the first cloud-based antivirus on the market. Panda is currently celebrating its 20th anniversary. To find out more about the history of the company, go to http://www.pandasecurity.com/20anniversary.
Products and solutions: Panda Security offers a range of product lines for companies and home users: security software, security appliances and managed security services. The company has also pioneered the launch of the first antivirus to offer protection from the cloud (Panda Cloud Antivirus). All its solutions are backed by tech support services manned by an expert team of professionals, available at all times.
Recent milestones in technology and innovation: Our corporate slogan -One step ahead- sums up the competitive advantage that has characterized our company from the start: our commitment to continuous innovation and change, our capacity to keep one step ahead in the fight against computer threats. In 2009, notable international opinion leaders acknowledged Panda Security as The Cloud Security Company.
• 2009: Panda Security launches the first antivirus in history to offer protection from the cloud, Panda Cloud Antivirus (www.cloudantivirus.com). This home user solution positions the company as the technological leader in this new category.
• 2008: Launch of a retail product line offering a hybrid protection system: Combining traditional signature-based protection with protection from the cloud, leveraging the Collective Intelligence knowledge base.
• 2007: Development and market launch of the first Collective Intelligence system: cloud-based technologies able to automatically classify, analyze and disinfect thousands of new malware strains received every day at PandaLabs. This allows the company to respond in real-time to new threats, while other security providers take several days.
• 2005: Launch of the new SaaS (Security-as-a-Service) solution, Panda WebAdmin.
• 2004: Launch of the first Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) for all types of computers, workstations or home computers, with TruPrevent Technologies and its autonomous behavioral analysis module.
Panda Security's Partner Program
Panda Security's Partner Program offers its partners a scalable model with incremental benefits, based on a joint Business Plan. This Business Plan includes joint marketing actions, yearly sales plans and a complete certification and training plan with several levels in order to offer the partner's sales and tech support teams the knowledge necessary to offer added-value solutions to its clients.
You can now be a part of Panda Security's community of partners and start increasing and expanding your business with the most innovative company in the security solution market, in an environment which is not over-distributed.